The latest version of ClockworkMod recovery is v6.0, which is a custom recovery used for flashing the custom ROMs comes with many improvements such as up to 4-5x faster back up, restores and smaller backups. It is the touch version of clockworkMod recovery 6.0 is available for galaxy tab 2 10.1 tablets and all credit goes to XDA forum member yepitsme19. Non-Touch CWM recovery is also available for Galaxy tab 2 10.1 but the touch version gives a better navigation and easy on use. Below the tutorial will help you to flashing ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on Galaxy Tab 10.1. The guide below is compatible with only Galaxy tab 2 10.2 model numbers P5100, P5110, P5113.
- Before you can actually start this process, it is really important to note that whether your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is rooted or not.
- Make a backup of your important data, apps and settings of your Tab 2 just to ensure that these data won’t wipe out during the update of Touch CWM Recovery. Below you will find some list of important data which are required to backup – SMS, MMS, Bookmarks, Contacts, Images, Songs, Videos, Call Logs, MMS and APN settings, etc.
- Minimum 70% of battery is required to finish the installation process so put your device in charge if it’s battery life is less than that of recommended one.
- You also need to disable all the security suites whatever installed on your Computer as well as in your device to avoid the interruption can cause during the update.
- You are also need to enable the USB Debugging on your Android Tablets simply by following the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’. Check the USB Debugging option to enable it.
- Also, ensure that you have downloaded and installed proper device drivers on your PC. If not than may be you should follow the link below in download section:
For 32 bit (x86) Windows: Download
For 64 bit (x64) Windows: Download
Download Odin3 (File Name: Odin3-v1.85_3.zip)
CWM Touch Recovery from here.
Update Touch CWM Recovery v6.0 on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1:
Step 1. First you need to extract the downloaded Odin3 package in your computer, and then run it when it will ask you for doing it.
Step 2. Now, it’s time to turn off your Galaxy Tab 2 and boot into a download mode. To get into the download mode first you need to plug in your USB cable to the Computer but don’t plug your device.
Step 3. You should hold your Volume Up and Down button while plugging the phone and keep holding those buttons till your device screen shows up the Download mode.
Step 4. Run the Odin after extracting it on your Computer.
Step 5. On plugin the device with Computer, ‘Added!’ message will appears on the Odin message box. If you don’t get the message than it means the device is not connected properly. Try it again, until you get the message. Please ensure that you have uninstalled Kies from the Control Panel.
Step 6. On Odin, click on PDA button, then select the .tar file, required to flashing the Touch CWM Recovery.
Step 7. Please do not make any changes in Odin other than this. Please double check for changes.
Step 8. Press the Start button to flashing the Touch Clockworkmod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
Step 9. Please wait until the process is finish. Once it is done, your device will reboot automatically and a PASS message will appears in Odin with the green background. This tells that now it is safe now to disconnect your device.
Step 10. When the phone boots up, your Touch CWM recovery is ready to work. For checking, you must boot it to recovery mode by turning off the Galaxy Tab 2 and then press and hold the Volume button + Home button +Power button till you see the Samsung Logo on its display. Hence you are in Touch CWM recovery appears on your Galaxy Tab 2.
Step 11. Select ‘reboot system now’ option to reboot your Galaxy Tab 2 device in normal screen.