Asus Transformer TF300T is among the first tablets that are getting Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update over the air. If you have updated to latest firmware than you must have lost the root access. There is a new process available to root Transformer TF300T that is running Android Jelly Bean. You must have CWM or TWRP recovery installed on your tablet and then you can easily flash the provided zip file to root and install SuperSU. This is a easy and safe process already tested by thousands of users. We have detailed the rooting procedure below:
- As this rooting procedure will going to wipe the data such as SMS, call logs, contacts, images, audios, videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings and MMS settings etc. So you need to make a backup of them so that you can retrieve them later after the completion of installation.
- Battery requirement for the accomplishment of this process is about 70% so please make sure that your device is charged to this percentage. If somehow the device will turns off in between then there will be chances that it won’t start again so easily.
- Also, enable the USB Debugging on your Transformer Pad TF300T simply by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Then tick the USB Debugging option box.
- You must also disable the antivirus or firewall that present on your Pad and Computer. As these antivirus or firewall may cause interruption during the rooting process.
- Also, make sure that you have installed ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP recovery on your device.
Root Package for TF300T (File Name: Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip)
How to Root Transformer Pad TF300T on Official Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1. Make sure that all the instruction under pre-requisite has been followed carefully and along with that you have downloaded the zip package from the ‘Downloads’ section which is actually a root package.
Step 2. Then you need to connect your Pad to the Computer and place the zip file to the root of the sd card.
Step 3. Then you need to turn off your device to boot into CWM/TWRP recovery for which you need to press and hold the Volume Down + Power simultaneously till a message appears on screen saying like ‘Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s)’. Then immediately you need to press Volume Up button.
Step 4. Then select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and once again you need to press ‘choose zip from sdcard’. On the SD card, using Volume button you need to scroll to the Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip file and press Power button to select the same. Within seconds, the zip file will start flashing into your Pad TF300T.
Step 5. When the flashing process will completes, you need to return to the main menu and select ‘reboot system now’ option to restart your device.
Step 6. And when the tablet boots in normal mode, visit the Play Store and download the SuperSU app, which will allow you to root access to apps.
Step 7. Tab on SuperSU from apps menu after installing it and press OK to update SU bbinary when prompt on screen.
Now, close the SuperSU.