Asus has already releasing Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for its Asus Transformer line up. Transformer Prime and Transformer Pad TF300T will be getting the Jelly Bean firmware update over OTA. Asus has not revealed anything about the Transformer TF101 Jelly Bean firmware update. It seems like it will be released late. XDA senior member RaymanFX has released a stable fully working Android 4.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM for Transformer TF101. Before flashing make sure you have a TF101 the ROM will not work on any other model. The ROM is based on latest CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. Wi-Fi, GPS, Sound, Bluetooth, hardware accereleration, OMX, rotation, external SD card are working. The processor has been overclocked to 1.6Ghz to make it perform better with apps and gaming.
- In the initial state of the process you need to backup few things such as Bookmarks, Contacts, SMS, MMS, Wi-Fi settings, Call Logs, APN and MMS settings, etc just to ensure that all your data, apps and settings will be safe. After the completion of the process you can restore them back to your device.
- Navigating to the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and then enable the USB Debugging option on your Asus Transformer so that your device will be detected on connecting with the Computer.
- Charge your device battery to at least 60% or more so that your device won’t get discharge during the installation process but if it does than you will face difficulty in restarting your device even in normal mode.
- The security suites such as antivirus or firewall must be disabled from your Asus device and Computer to avoid interruption while flashing.
- Also, make sure that your device is rooted and ClockworkMod recovery is installed on your asus transformer device.
- Here is the latest ROM version for download from XDA.
- Download Google Apps package. The package will help you in installing apps like Gmail, Play Store, etc. Download | Mirror.
How to Update Stable CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on Asus Transformer TF101:
Step 1. After you completing the download of latest ROM and Gapps on your Computer from the download section then you need to place both the download zip file to the root of the SD card.
Step 2. Then you need to turn off your Asus tablet and boot into the ClockworkMod recovery, for that you need to press and hold the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously till the message appears on the screen. Within 5 seconds press Volume Up to enter into recovery mode.
Step 3. In the recovery, you need to perform a Nandroid Backup for your existing ROM, which you can always restore from the recovery whenever you like. For performing a backup, you need to select Backup and Restore > Backup. After completing the backup you must return to the main menu.
Step 4. Then you need to select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ which will wipe your data and restore your device to its initial state. Click on ‘Yes’ to confirm this process.
Step 5. Then select ‘install zip from sd card’ and again select ‘choose zip from sdcard’, which will browse you into SD card where you need to select the zip file for ROM for flashing. Confirm the installation by clicking ‘Yes’.
Step 6. After the completion of the above installation, you need to repeat the process with Gapps package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip file). Confirm this installation by clicking ‘Yes’ on the next screen.
Step 7. Wait until the installation process completes and then return to the main menu by selecting Go Back option and then select ‘reboot system now’ to restart your device in Cyanogen Mode 10.