Galaxy Tab 7.7 users now update their devices with latest Jellybean version of 4.1.2 DXMD3. This new update comes with many new features and bug fixes. This update is not only available via Over the Air but this is also available via KIES. So those who are waiting or missed this update can update their Tablet manually. This update is only and only for Galaxy Tab 7.7 users so don’t try this update with another device.
The steps which are shown in this article are only for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800. Applying this procedure on another device may give you unwanted result or can damage or even brick your phone. Please proceed at your own risk.
Step 1: The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be tried on Galaxy tab 7.7 6800.
Step 2: Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
Step 3: You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
Step 4: Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
Step 5: Enable USB Debugging in your Galaxy tab 7.7 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 with Jellybean 4.1.2 DXMD3
- First of all you need to download Jelly bean 4.1.2 DXMD3 Odin packages from the above given link to your computer. Then open odin in PC and switch of your device for entering in download mode.
- For entering in download mode turn off your Galaxy tab 7.7 and hold volume down key + Menu button and switch the device. Once you see the android logo then you can release the button.
- With your data cable connect your Galaxy tab to the computer then ID:COM section will turn green or yellew, which indicate that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Then hit on PDA to select the tar file which you got from firmware package then hit on start to begin firmware update After the completion of update your will be rebooted.
- Your Galaxy tab 7.7 6800 is now updated with bean 4.1.2 DXMD3.