Acer Iconia Tab A100 is dual core 1 GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 device and this device got very good reaction in market. If you have rooted your device and want to install custom ROM’s on your device, then you will have to install clockworkMod recovery on your device, then only you will able to install custom ROM’s. If your device want repairing then you need to unroot your device before going to service centre because they will not accept rooted device, rooted device voids warranty that why. So below the tutorial will help to unroot and install clockworkMod recovery on your device. And this tutorial is only and only for Acer Iconia Tab A100 not for any other device.
Warning: Please be informed that neither we nor the developer will hold any responsibility if you damage or brick your phone in the process of following this article. Therefore, follow the article carefully.
- The methods and steps discussed in this article should only be implemented on Acer Iconia A100. Trying this article on any device or any other model of Acer may produce un-foreseen situations.
- You must have rooted your device and also unlocked the bootloader as well before proceeding with this article.
- Please charge your device so that there at least 70% charge with, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You should backup all valuable data’s on your phone, so that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Acer Iconia A100 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download Acer Iconia A100 Stock ROM, ClockworkMod Recovery Image and Fastboot from here to your computer. Rename the stock ROM file to “update.zip”, then move the file to root directory of your device’s storage. Also extract files from the Fastboot package onto your desktop, which will give you several files.
Procedure to Unroot and Install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Acer Iconia A100 Tablet:
Step1: Reboot your device by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Power buttons. The device will boot up and then reboot.
Step2: Now, your device will boot up into the normal mode and you have successfully unrooted it.
Step3: For installing the CWM Recovery on your device, once again connect it to the PC if you’ve disconnected after the previous step ensuring that it is powered ON.
Step4: Now, open the Command prompt Window on your desktop.
Step5: In the Command prompt Window type the command written below:
adb reboot bootloader
Step6: Now, your tablet will boot into the bootloader mode. Then type the command written below and the command prompt window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Step7: The command written above will flash the custom Recovery on your tablet.
Step8: When the flashing has completed, type the command written below to reboot your device:
That’s it; you’ve successfully Unrooted as well as installed CWM Recovery on your Acer Iconia A100. Do let us know if you face any difficulties while following the article, we are here to help you always.