Craig CMP741D is an impressive tablet which features a 7-inch Capacitive touchscreen display, 1.3 GHz processor with 1 GB DDR3 RAM and Micro SD card slot with support up to 32 GB of memory and with connectivity feature like: Wi-Fi. It provides HDMI out so that you can directly connect to your TV and other devices which allow same port. The OS is presently Android 4.0 ICS. All these features come packed with the tablet at a price of $150 or Rs. 8100. Those users who want to try out various custom ROM’s or are of developer nature can head with this article as it will simply guide you on how you can root your Craig CMP741D and even install Google Apps Package.
Warning: Rooting of your device will void its warranty. The only way with which you can reclaim the void warranty is be reapplying the stock firmware. Therefore, please proceed at your own risk.
- The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be tried on Craig CMP741D tablet.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your device, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Craig CMP741D tablet from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
How to Root Craig CMP741D and install Google Apps Package on it:
Step 1: First of all, connect your Craig CMP741D to the PC via original USB cable i.e. the cable that came with it.
Step 2: Now, from the folder where you’ve extracted the Rooting package, double-click on “windowsstart.bat” to run it.
Step 4: Next, click on “Root Device” button to proceed.
Step 5: Further, follow all the on-screen instructions.
Step 6: Your tablet will rooted in few minutes.
Step 7: Now, to install the Google Apps Package, follow the same steps from 1 to 3.
Step 8: Then, click “Install Gapps” and follow all the on-screen instructions you see.
Step 9: Google Apps package will installed onto your Craig CMP741D soon.
That’s it! You’ve successfully rooted and installed Google Apps package onto your Craig CMP741D. Do let us know if you have any queries, we will try to find a solution for the same.