Barnes & Noble Nook HD and HD+ have recently gone for sale and hackers have posted procedure for rooting Nook HD and HD+. It seems that it is possible to boot software from a microSD card it means that very soon you can dual boot the official B&N software as well as CyanogenMod or another custom ROM. One of the key features of Barnes & Noble tablet is that few basic Android features are kept intact in it, including an option to enable support for adb (Android Debug Bridge) in a developer settings section.
The steps which are shown in this article are only for the Barnes & Noble Nook HD and HD+. Applying this procedure on another device may give you unwanted result or can damage or even brick your phone. Please proceed at your own risk.
- The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be tried on Barnes & Noble Nook HD and HD+.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Barnes & Noble Nook HD and HD+.
root.zip – [Click for QR Code]
How to Root Barnes and Noble Nook HD and HD+:
Step 1: First of all extract the downloaded root Zip file to your PC in a folder and run “makeroot” on your windows pc.
Step 2: Connect your tablet to a computer using USB cable and download su and busybox.
Step 3: Then install the Android SDK (or at least the adb components) in your device.
Step 4: Now push the su and busybox apps to your NOOK HD or NOOK HD+.
Once you have finished with the above steps you will get root access to these tablets. It will let you adjust files and settings that are normally inaccessible. It’s a first step to customizing the home screen, adding the Google Play Store, or making other changes.
Congratulation! You have successfully rooted your Barnes & Noble Nook HD and HD+. If you face any problem we are committed to help you in every possible way.