Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has been launched recently across major U.S carriers in the last two weeks. Sprint and T-Mobile Note 2 received root access pretty quickly, the AT&T version of the phablet had been waiting, till now but a couple of days ago one of the XDA member turilo shared a working root method for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and today another root method is available and this time it is by Chainfire. Chainfire a very well known developer has extended the capability of the Samsung Device. Now we have official CF-Auto-Root on the Note 2 by Chainfire and it works for the regular AT&T Note 2 as well as the LTE enabled one. In this article we are going to show you step by step procedure to root your Note 2 by chainfire.
The steps which are shown in this article is only for the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 version. Applying this update on another device may give you unwanted result or can damage or even brick your phone. Please proceed at your own risk.
- The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be tried on AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Root Package for AT&T Galaxy Note 2, Odin and Samsung USB Drivers from here to your computer. Extract the root package on to your desktop in to a folder and then install Odin and Samsung USB Drivers on to your windows PC.
Steps to Root AT&T Galaxy Note 2/ Note 2 LTE with Auto-Root by Chainfire:
Step 1: Open Odin and reboot your phone so as to enter it in download mode. To do so, press and hold these keys together: Volume Down + Home + Power till the screen turns on. Then press Volume Up to enter download mode.
Step 2: Now connect your Phone using original USB cable. On successful connection, you will get a added message in Odin.
Step 3: Now click the PDA button in Odin, and select the root package from your computer.
Step 4: Do not make any other changes in Odin except selecting the required files. Leave all other options as they are. Make sure Re-Partition check box is not selected, and Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked.
Step 5: Now click the START button to start flashing CF-Auto-Root on your phone.
Step 6: When the flashing starts, your phone will automatically reboot into Android recovery mode with a large red Android logo and rooted automatically. After rooting is complete, the phone will reboot automatically.
Step 7: Once the phone turned On, it will be rooted and ready to be used.
Congratulation! You have successfully rooted your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 with Auto-Root by Chainfire. If you face any problem we are committed to help you in every possible way.