Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is one of the most high ending tablet housing a nice display of 8.0 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 800 x 1280 pixels and runs on the latest Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) powered by a Exynos 4412 Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9 processor and Mali-400MP GPU. Users of Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 – GT5100 / GT 5110 can now rejoice as we are going to tell you how you can Root and install CWM recovery on your tablet. SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 8.0 TOOLKIT it is a nice tool to root your Galaxy Note 8.0. In this article we are going to tell how to Root and install CWM recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 – GT5100 / GT 5110 with simple step by step procedure. SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 8.0 TOOLKIT has some nice features like:
- Install drivers automatically
- Backup/Restore a single package or all apps, user data and Internal Storage
- Backup your /data/media (virtual SD Card) to your PC for a Full Safe backup of data
- Perform a FULL NANDROID Backup of your system via adb and save in Custom Recovery format on your PC
- Auto Update ToolKit to latest push version on startup (professional feature)
- Dump selected Phone Partitions, compress to a .zip file with md5 and save to your PC
- Install BusyBox binary on phone
- ROOT ANY PUBLIC BUILD (different options available)
- [B]Root with Superuser (ChainsDD) or SuperSU (Chainfire) via CWM (works on ANY build)
- Flash Insecure Boot Image for adb mode
- Flash Stock Boot Image back to your phone.
- Rip cache.img to zip file in CWM format for editing and flashing (thanks to Adam Lange)
- Dump selected LogCat buffers to your PC.
The steps which are shown in this article are only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 – GT5100 / GT 5110. Applying this procedure on another device may give you unwanted result or can damage or even brick your phone. Please proceed at your own risk.
- The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be tried on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 – GT5100 / GT 5110.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 – GT5100 / GT 5110.
How to Root and install CWM recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 – GT5100 / GT 5110:
Step 1: First of all you have to download the toolkit and install it on your computer, during installation you will be asked to include or exclude the drivers.
Step 2: Then you will have to connect your tablet via USB cable and open the toolkit, it will ask you whether you want to check for an update or not if you agree to check for an update then it will check first whether there is an update available or not.
Step 3: After that you will be asked to enter the /Build that you are currently on, if you don’t find your device is using then type ‘h’ to select the HELP option.
Step 4: Then toolkit will find and download the boot image pack for your tablet and after the zip file has finished downloading. After that it will be extracted to the correct folders and the files will be checked to assure everything is correct.
Step 5: Then in the main menu you will see ‘Adb Mode’ if your drivers are installed correctly then you will see your devices serial number under the text along with ‘device’, if you see your device you can precede.
Step 6: Every option in the toolkit has full information on what it is and how to use it, you just have follow the instruction and your phone will be rooted.
Step 7: First of all you have download CWM recovery for your device and the connect your tablet via USB cable and then copy the zip file to the ‘Internal Storage’ of your Note 8.0.
Step 8: Then you have to enter in CWM Touch Recovery by Shut down the phone then hold down the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME UP’ buttons and press the ‘POWER’ button for about 5 seconds.
Step 9: Then you have to select Install zip from sdcard and select choose zip from sdcard and the scroll to your zip file and select ,yes it will start flashing and when it is done press the BACK Button to go back to the Main Menu and then select ‘reboot system now.
Congratulation! You have successfully rooted and installed CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 – GT5100 / GT 5110. If you face any problem we are committed to help you in every possible way. Do share your experience and views.