Many Android users have chosen to root their Android devices. Even they don’t worry about it voids warranty because rooted device brings more enhanced features and an optimized Android experience. If your device is rooted you can install many apps which want root access.
Only after rooting you can’t flash custom ROM’s on your device, for that you need to install ClockworkMod recovery, which allows you to install custom ROM’s safely to your device. Thank’s to Rootwiki member who compiled the works of developers in order to flash clockworkMod recovery and root access on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110. Below the procedure will help you to root and install clockworkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110.
Warning: Neither we nor the developer should be held liable for any damages occurred to your phone. This article is only meant for educational and instructional purpose only.
- The methods and steps in this article should only be implemented on Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0 GT-P3110. Trying this article on any device or any other model of Samsung may produce un-foreseen situations.
- Please charge your device so that there at least 70% charge with, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You should backup all valuable data’s on your tablet, so that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your tablet, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download Odin, ClockworkMod Recovery image and Root package from here to your computer. Extract Odin and install it in your Windows PC. Place the “cwm-root-gtab2.zip” file to the root directory of your tablet’s external SD card.
Procedure to Root and Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi GT-P3110:
Step1: Open Odin and reboot your tablet so as to enter it in Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up + Power buttons together. When you see a warning message, press the Volume Down button to confirm your entry into Download Mode.
Step2: Now, connect your tablet to the PC via original USB cable i.e. the cable that came with it.
Step3: On successful connection of your tablet to the PC you will see an “Added” message in Odin, which indicates that all the necessary drivers for your phone have been successfully installed on your PC.
Step4: Now, click on “PDA” button and then choose the “recovery.tar.md5” file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step5: Next, click on the “Start” button to begin the flashing process.
Step6: As soon as the installation process has completed you will get a “PASS” message in Odin.
Step7: Once again reboot your tablet so as to enter it in ClockworkMod Recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together. When you see the Samsung logo, release the Power button but keep holding the Volume button.
Step8: Now, from the main recovery menu, select “Install zip from sdcard” then select “Choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the “cwm-root-gtab2.zip” file.
Step9: When the installation procedure has completed, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your tablet.
That’s it you’ve successfully rooted and installed CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110. Share your queries with us, we are here to help you always.