A very stable ROM for Lenovo ThinkPad is available for its owners. Users may notice that nearly all the features are working in this ROM. This build uses the Lenovo ICS kernel; you need to upgrade to stock ICS first. It has also been reported that the ROM is working fine. Moreover, this ROM is build on CyanogenMod 10 which makes very reliable, as CM10 ROM’s are good custom ROM’s for Android device. Please note that your Lenovo ThinkPad must have been rooted in order to install a custom ROM. Read the article carefully to learn how you can flash this ROM onto your Lenovo ThinkPad.
Features that are Working in this ROM:
- Touchscreen + Stylus
- HW Graphic Acceleration
- Sound (Including Mic)
- Cameras Front/Back
- Compass (but needs calibration)
- HW Video encoding/decoding (i.e. for Youtube HQ)
- Mount as USB/MTP for filetransfer (in windows)
- GPS (Well “working” like always nearly unusable but its working theoretically)
- Lightsensor and other sensors
- 3G (Ericsson card)
- 3G (Gobi card)
Warning: Installing custom ROM needs root access of your device. As you all know rooting voids warranty. Therefore, please proceed at your own risk.
- This article is only for the users who own Lenovo ThinkPad.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your device, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Lenovo ThinkPad from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
How to Install Android 4.1 CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on Lenovo ThinkPad:
Step 1: Reboot your tablet so as to enter it in ClockworkMod Recovery. To do so, press and Volume buttons + Power button together until the screen turns ON.
Step 2: You can create a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM so that you can revert the same whenever you want. To do so, from the main recovery menu, go to “Backup & Restore > Backup”. Soon a backup of your existing ROM will be created.
Step 3: Now, again from the main recovery menu select “Wipe data/factory reset”.
Step 4: Next, from the main recovery menu, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the ROM you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step 5: As soon as the installation completes, you can flash the 3G Patch file in the same way as you’ve flashed the ROM file, if you want.
Step 6: When the installation completes, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
That’s it! You’ve successfully installed CM10 based custom ROM onto your Lenovo ThinkPad. Do let us know if face any issues, we will try to resolve the same.